View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
GMCJOE

Re: Help!!!! 2000 gmc jimmy

You can look up the part to get an idea of what it looks like. But it should be to the left side of the intake towards the rear of the block. So, take the intake of the throttle body and you should see it. Another easy way to locate it is, follow your fuel line from the back of the block up to it. They will run up the back of your transmission to the fuel pressure regulator. I am not saying that is your problem, but it is a good chance if you are getting spark and the fuel pump in the tank is actually working.

A lot of shop's will test the fuel pressure with the key on, but fail to check the cranking fuel pressure.

And I assume you are talking about the port on the fuel injection rail when you say pressure port, am I correct?

Before I get to in dept with you on this, I want you to tell me a few things.
Are you getting spark(pull a wire and hold the boot close to the plug and crank it)? Can you hear the fuel pump running? If you cycle the key 10 time from off to ignition power(do not crank), does it attempt to start and run?

If you don't hear your fuel pump running, check the fuse and relay for it to make sure they are good. If they are good, you may have a wire disconnect from installing the tank.

As long as you have spark, we can eliminate the ignition side of the problem and move on to trouble shooting your fuel system. Cause 1 you need spark, 2 you need fuel, and 3 you have to have air to run. Which I am pretty sure you are getting the last.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote