View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
89ChevySS

89 low budget 350SS

I've been working on an 89 Chevy C1500 for a few months now, so I figured I'd put up the build, since I joined the forum. The truck was a 4.3v6 with the 5spd and 3.42 rear. Bought the truck for $200 because the body was really banged up, and the motor was bad. It was a local scout camp truck, and they beat the s**t out of it. I was going to rebuild the motor, but about a week after purchasing it my father totaled his 95 GMC 4x4 with a 350. he put a Jasper remanufactured engine in the truck only a few years ago, and he only put about 30,000 miles on it since. So he told me I could have the engine if I wanted it. I got the engine in last weekend, and have most of the body work up front done. I'm hoping to get the electrical work done tomorrow, and mabey even see if I can get it started. Made an open element filter today out of two lids, but then got busy with other things. I have the interior work mostly done, new carpet, and found a nice set of bucket seats, but still have to wire in the radio and get the new steering wheel installed. Its late, and I don't have any pictures on the computer, but I'll make sure to upload some tomorrow.
89 Chevy C1500 Converting to 350, 5spd, 3.42 rear (current project, almost completed)
89ChevySS is offline   Reply With Quote