View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #321
bigblock73
yeller

Re: 73-87 cab corner 6X9 speaker brackets - 2nd series

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
I think that I have read through all 13 pages and haven't found an answer yet, so I will just ask...

Is it possible to fasten these brackets using the existing holes in my cab from the factory 4x10 brackets? There is enough holes that need to be welded up in the future as it is and it makes me cringe drilling anymore in my truck. Also, I don't think I saw any pics of them installed with the factory fiberboard behind-the-seat organizer tray...thing. WHAT IS THAT THING CALLED??? :/ Just curious if there is any interference with mounting if I still have that tray-thing behind my seat.

Do you have any solid brackets at the moment, i.e. no 6x9 hole?
The brackets need new holes, they don't bolt in using the existing 4x10 bracket locations.

The cardboard "tray" as I call it, will fit back in with minor trimming for the new 6x9 brackets.

I did at one point offer blank brackets with no openings, but I had to virtually give them away since nobody seemed to want them...so I quit offering them.

Sorry for all the bad news, if you decide you would like a set, just send me a PM or reply here.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote