View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
Low Elco

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

For temps, I generally crank a propane heater (Mr. Heater) while I prep and get it as hot as possible, then blow the doors 1/2 way and hit the fans while I base, all the way while I clear, keep 'em open while I clean guns, then close up and flip the heat back on. I'm kinda paranoid of the sparky. On Yeller, I used Nason epoxy primer ($80 1/2 gal) Slick Sand Primer ($75 gal.) Dupont Chromabase (around $300/gal, but mixes 1/1, so 1 gal of color + 1 gal of reducer will almost do a whole truck) and Nason Clear ($140/gal.) I like Bomp's plan for venting. BTW, Bomp, you are KILLING me with your name! I had to blast Pantera all the way to work and I STILL have that damn doo-wop song in my head, and I HATE doo-wop! Well played, sir! Go to Napa and see what they carry. Lotta times they can get stuff they don't show. If your're just gonna paint bare metal parts with no sanding, you can hit it with Nason etch prime ($40/half gal.) let it dry a bit and scuff with scotchbrite and base/clear or whatever straight over it. Works great. Just get the gun in your hand and remember what Mike Lavallee (the originator and King of Truefire and a damn nice guy) says, "It's just paint. If it goes bad, I can sand it off and do it over. It's just paint."
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote