View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Thanks Bomp! Any progress on the stretch?

Got home today and knocked down all the crappy parts. Mixed up the last of my black and re-sprayed. MUCH better results, but still the paint is too thick and nuthin to reduce it with. I'll have to get a little more of that to do the underside of one inner and my vent window frames (thanks for reminding me John!!!). I'll prolly put one more coat on the topside of the inners while I'm at it. I followed some advice and left the shop vac off while I was spraying. I just left the fun-dome door cracked until it went dust free then opened her up with the roll up doors open. Let it clear out then lit a fire. One thing I still need to learn is the SLOW PART. I think half my battle is having too much $hit going on in there at once and I'm getting overspray on my nice stuff. How long will a mixed batch of urethane last? Seems like a waste to mix up small portions.

The Boy has my wheels and rubber loaded into the S10 and will get those mounted and balanced tomorrow. Pics to follow!!!!

Big Brown Santa showed today with the first load!!! This is the LMC stuff I ordered. The bulk of my stuff is coming from GMC Paul and should be here on Thursday. One of the outside handles has a big-o flaw so I'll be sending that sucker back to Taiwan.

The carpet kit is sweet and so are the '67 arm rests. Also got pretty much all new screws and washers to assemble the doors but they're hard to see in the photos.

Oh, and the craigslist deal on the tuner/amp fell thru. Still no damn tunes!!! Might just have to go take my phukin on that Yamaha tomorrow.

Catch you all later!
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote