View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #995
shrunken66stroker

Re: Shrunken66Stroker's build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Glad to see that all is well with you, and thanks for the detailed reply! It'll be a street truck that will occasionally see autocross action. Most of the things you listed will be things I'll be doing anyways (my own engine mounts and brake lines, move shifter forward, aftermarket baffled oil pan) so it may not be that much more work other than the headers and chopping the crossmember. I'd like to keep the stock low hump floor if possible so dropping the engine would help gain clearance for the T56. Rob at No Limit posted that guys do extra work to lower the engine even fractions of an inch when possible for track cars so 1-2 inches should be worth the extra work.

This is definitely one of my favorite build threads, can't wait to see what's next with it!
No problem! After 5 years it's hard to know when to draw the line and move on in the name of driving it again some day, hopefully soon. I'm just a weekend warrior and I've used this project to teach myself everything about the rebuild process. When it's finished I will have done 100% of the work, so I want it to be dialed in. That said, I'm done moving the engine around and need to move forward. I need to get the accessory drive, radiator and some other misc. parts and get back to it. I'll post any progress I make and follow yours as well.
shrunken66stroker is offline   Reply With Quote