View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #26
floyd

Re: So I bought this K5 that someone started to convert to 2wd...

Ok this post is my build thread/post .....(didnt take too many pics so Ill just show you how its turning out....)

This one was pretty straight forward once I had got my direction planned and decided to not swap in the coiled rear suspension from my 72 C-10 LB donor(pics if the first post!!!)

I used pretty much everything from the C10-great running 350/th350 all the parts for the 5 lug conversion,front sheet metal...and all the little stuff that would make this a long drawn out build had i not had the complete truck for parts...

Having all the parts I needed made this a really reasonable conversion. I only bought new ball joints/bearings and seals,brakes, axle saddles,dropped front spindles and a seat from a 90-ish reg cab truck.

Notice how well the rear tires sit in the opening.....that 1" wheelbase stretch centered the tires like the factory should have!....IMO...

Once i order the patch panel for the left rear qtr and a drivers floor pan patch its off to my buddy who is a body guy for a little smoothing of its dents.

Once thats done Im gonna vinyl wrap it like my chevelle (except in matte orange) , put some C5s on it and have a nice cruiser at under $5k ...total!!!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote