View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #48
zippeay

Re: My own build thread

Yes sir! I've been chipping away. I sent off the hood, bed, inner fenders, core support, and some misc other parts to sand blaster last week. I got them back friday and put everything that was blasted in primer yesterday. Holy crap is the inside of the hood a pain in the ass! lol, that thing is HUGE! I also brought the truck and most of the parts over to my Dads shop because my garage is attached to my house and I don't want to have my house smell like paint.
I finished mounting the rear bags "that was a huge pain in the ass btw"...
I didn't take any pictures of what I primed but I did take pictures of the truck after we got it on the trailer and also of the air tank mounted as well as the compressor and valve box installed.
I also installed my new Moser rear axles because my original axles were too worn to be drilled and the machine shop wanted 200 bucks to drill them... pretty stupid when brand new 5 lug axles were 305 shipped to my house... If anyone needs axles I highly recommend Moser engineering. They were awesome, they messed up and sent me 6 lug axles by accident and I called them and the over nighted me the 5 lug axles at no cost and to top it off I got to actually speak to someone that worked there "not someone in India". Anyway, I rebuilt the whole rear end, put new seals, bearings, axles, all new brakes, drums, pads etc.
Everything is starting to come together. Tonight I'm going to work on patching the inner fenders and notching the fender and inner fender so the wheels dont rub. Then I'm going to strip the firewall and prime and paint it. Then I have to figure out the steering "not looking forward to that".
Anyway here are the pictures
Rear bag mounts

Bags installed

Here's the tank and valve box installed

My new axles!

Here she is on the trailer!
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote