View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #267
toocrazy

Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

Hey guys, I got a box today full of goodies for my 64 Malibu. What you see in the first picture is about $825 worth. I wanted to give this pulley system a shot and see if I liked it. I would give the quality a 9 out of 10 if I had to be picky. I gave it a 9 because I found a few small imperfections. In reality once we get these shiny objects on our vehicles they never look as good as they did coming out of the box.

It looks simple enough. What you notice first is the 2 inch wide cog pulleys. Looks almost like a blower motor. I think the alternator looks cool with the big pulley and it is just a beautiful piece of aluminum. For some reason the serpentine belt for the power steering pump did not come with the kit. Right now I am not installing the A/C in the Malibu. I figure it would cost $1500 more to get the A/C in the car and I need to prove to myself I am going to drive it more before i throw that money down. Anyway I just dont have the time to install an A/C system because we are trying to make a November 4 show with the car.

It was actually pretty easy to bolt up. It took about an hour to install. I already had the chrome power steering pump which did not come with the system.

This system uses the long water pump which I was concerned with on the limited space in the Malibu engine compartment with the big 502. The water pump pulley sets back so overall the system only sticks out 3/8" farther than the water pump. So in reality if you went with the 1" belt you wouldnt be creating any more clearance because the front location of the 1" pulley would be the same as the front of the 2" pulley.

I will be ordering the 2" kit with A/C in black powder coat for my C10. I do have a black theme going and anyway it will save me the trouble of polishing.
toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote