View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #68
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Re: Lied and defrauded on 1971 c10 short bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I would see if you can get a couple of grand back from him to cover the work it needs... Check the inside of the bed sides in front of and behind the wheel wells to see what the welds look like where they cut the bed down.

LockDoc

I agree, I'm sure hes not wanting any trouble and he's probably pretty scared with the talk of a lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 Q-ship View Post
The weld quality does not look that bad in the pictures, grind the weld flat and finish where is in incomplete then put a diamond shaped reinforcement plate and weld it in. This is how big rigs are done and I don't think anyone would disagree big rig haul much more weight than a SWB 1/2 ton. Just chaulk it up to experience, with the frame reinforced the truck is worth the money and could be sold without a major loss.
Agreement here too, weld quallity is much more important than the way it is cut, like Qship said its been done this way on big rigs and straight trucks for many years. The angled or stepped cut allows for more weldment area and is a better way but takes more time and most shops go for the faster route. A fish plate on the backside should be all you need