View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #114
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Glad to see you are back at it and the hand isn't causing any issues.

We use a gouging tip on our plasma at work to cut out welds without damaging the base metal too much. One of them might save you some time when you have to cut off more brackets that need to be reused.
I got some drag cups for the plasma cutter, which is kinda nice. It dawned on me that I can now use a straight edge to help make cuts rather than free handing them.

I'll have to look into the gouging tips.

The frame is now fully welded back together, but I have to grind down the weld on the inside of the frame so I can put my fish plate on there for added strength (not sure if its necessarily needed, but it can't hurt).

I got the engine about where I want it and figured out an "easy" way to make the engine mounts. But first I have to put in the crossmember, which will take some work.

Also, the transcrossmember is going to be more difficult than I had originally hoped for, as it looks like it must drop below the frame.

That's it for now. I spared the additional frame pictures of weld ground down so they are not visible. Though, I'm sick of grinding and breathing metal and blowing my nose full of metal/grinding dust. I started wearing a dust mask to prevent it I know....TMI
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote