View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #311
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I think evercoat makes it. The ppg store will know what youre talking about.
Featherfill G2 is even better for you. Google both of these names. Autobodystore.com will show it, so will Eastwood. Just mudwork and epoxy IS NOT ENOUGH. You'll have a bunch of work and dough and it'll look like crap. You and the kid need to get some long blocks and G2 and hunker down and prime and block that sucker. A lot. DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THIS. It's dirt easy, but this is the long hard work that separates the men from the boys.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its about time that Boy became a MAN. Think this'll do it huh? Feather fill it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
I agree. Block, Block, Block and a beer too
Great advise and Im taking notes.
How bout BLOCK, BEER, BLOCK, BEER, BEER, BLOCK, BEER, BEER, BEER, BLOCK? I see a pattern here! I'm anxious to get rolling and get to the color part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut1972 View Post
^^^^^What they said^^ But mine went Beer, Beer, Block,Beer,etc...you get the idea. I guess thats why it took so long to get paint on it. Take your time Buddy it's looking great.
I'm with you man! In a past life I was a cabinet builder. When you start you SAND. The boss is never happy with it neitha! I got the hang of it though and before you knew it I was working on the cool stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCHEVYMANxX View Post
I agree, you definitely need to sand with a long board. vehicle surfaces are just to big to do without it. and when you think you done, your probably not. once everything is level, get in close to inspect for minor blemishes, pinholes. If you can see it, then you will see it in the paint as well. It does take time, but you will be very happy with the end result !
I really appreciate the advice and encouragement! Now about blocks.... For sure I'll get a long board, but what else should I get?? I've seen dudes use a chunk of air hose for inside radiuses and such. What about spots like the A pillar? It's pretty damn smooth with no metal work or filler. Dash? Headliner? Should I be "blocking" those surfaces too? What about firewall? Its epoxied. Should I just leave it until I'm ready for base coat then scuff it or should I scuff it and prime it again?

Thanks Chevy dudes!!!!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote