View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #408
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 View Post
I like that a lot!!! Can you get a reproduction chrome 327 emblem like that? I have seen ford type 289 emblems on mustangs at shows...
Yes the reproductions are available just about everywhere, and some NOS pieces are also to be found on Ebay and sometimes inexpensively. But quality levels vary a lot, so it’s important to buy from someone that provides large format photos of the items they’re selling. I learned my lesson on the gas pedal trim, so this time I did a lot of research. If what gets shipped turns out to be what was advertised, I’ll be a happy camper because some of the other suppliers provide different branded parts that look crappy even in photos.

Surprisingly, some of the NOS parts looked awful. Lot’s of flash and poor castings.

These are the ones I picked from CarPartsDiscount. Several other suppliers sell the same version for even more money. I’ve never dealt with CPD before, so that part is a gamble.

Some of the details of the flag emblem are not completely OEM accurate, but the quality of the casting, chrome, and paint are far superior to many of the cheaper versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad62Pro/Street View Post
Thumbs up on the 327 emblem Mark!
Here is a 1968 Pontiac Beaumont 327 Emblem that kinda has the look of the GMC emblem. Either one would look awesome and kinda go well with your sweet interior.
Muscle Truck.
I agree that does have somewhat of a GMC look to it and might have been a nice choice had I gone a different direction. I decided on the 67 Chevelle emblems because I always like the crossed flags and engine emblems and didn’t use them on my 67 Chevelle years ago. I went with front and rear 68 Mopar round side marker lights instead. I loved the way they looked and worked, but was always disappointed it prevented me from running the correct badges, which I also liked: