View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #45
cub1450

Re: Teenager rant (long winded, sorry)

I know how you feel I`m a junior in high school and I got a 69 c10 about a 2 years ago It still ain`t perfect.The first thing I had to do is pull the motor and replace all the seals .Then I got the motor back in and running so I got to put new brakes all the way around (first set of drum brakes I ever did but now I can change them with my eyes closed) After that I started on the body work threw a paint job on it .I had to save up And i bought $1000 worth of new tires and wheels.After that I took it down the road and it wasn`t running right so I brought it home and rebuilt the carb. Got the carb rebuilt and got to hear it run for maybe a minute and the fuel pump went out.So got a new pumpAnd all was well and good .Drove it for about 2 months and the back wheel cylinders started leaking so I just replaced all of them while I was at it .Started bleeding the cylinders backs bled perfect got to the front and they wouldn`t pump up so I checked the fluid and it was fine and we finally ruled out the master cylinder took a dump. So a new one of them.Drove it for about six months and the last thing I `ve had to do to it so far was Put a manifold on it.My old one busted so It got a header and tractor muffler on it until yesterday when I got my new manifold on.

Well I know I`ve left out a bunch but what I`m trying to say is Its forty years old and its going to break.
Yeah it might only get 12 miles a gallon but I wouldn`t trade it for anything.
And just like tonight I was driving home and I was at a four way down the road no one was around so I tromped it and smoked the tires a little but u couldn`t get that grin off my face.Still saving up for moldings ,bumper and other little odd and end stuff but thats just what makes it worth it.
Attached Images

Last edited by cub1450; 10-20-2012 at 12:43 AM.
cub1450 is offline   Reply With Quote