Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #1429
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goats86 View Post
OK you've got me curious. I have a 86 c10 with an 5.3 LS, 4L60E, 4 wheel disc brakes, posi, front and rear sway bars. It handles pretty well for an old truck with 200 lbs of ballast just behind the rear axle. I have already dropped the rear end about 4 inches and cut 1 coil off the stock front springs. From a "low budget" standpoint, I want to run 2 1/2 inch drop spindles. For springs 3/4 ton with 1 coil cut off? Will the ride height still be a 2 1/2 inch drop or will the stiffer spring make it drop less? Is this a decent budget fix? Will the ride suck?
Sounds like a cool project, gotta love the LS platform motors. I suggest changing only one thing at a time. Will the drop spindles make it too low with the springs you have now? Also, the cut 3/4t spring is only slightly stiffer than the 1/2t spring so the ride in not affected very much. Would you sat that it has more of a 'push' now in a hard corner, or does the back end get 'loose'? Knowing the answer can help with spring choice. What tire/wheel combo are you running, - sizes/make -
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote