View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
FetchMeAPepsi

Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Hello and to the boards!!
Looks like you have a heck of a build crew there, congrats and good luck, you are lucky to have such a posse !!!

I still have some old K-Tell albums too, have you thought of transferring those to digital?
"Transfusion" by Nervous Norvus ...... ......... have not heard the song in many years, I think it is on one of my albums back home in storage, but this line from the song I think always best describes my approach to driving:
"Hey man dig that, was that a red stop sign?"

Good times.
I look forward to watching your build unfold

That's exactly what I did! My "powder puff mechanic" has been listening to them on her Ipod all afternoon. That song has cracked me up since about 1979, along with "Ape call (doodlie-aba)" and "My old man's a dustman".

We have "Goofy Greats" too, but it's not as funny. Still a good group of songs. Too bad you can't find them on CD. I think the younger gen is missing out on alot of historical goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
I love it. It's a GMC, its a stepper, and its 4X4. I'll be rooting for you.
Thanks!
IKR? I feel very lucky to even have found her, let alone drag her home for $500 bux. I hope to be able to take her in the mud a little once she's running reliably. I'm no root-dogger, but I'd like to do a little light play in the mud with the kids.

I'll have carb rebuild stuff coming up soon.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote