View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #1514
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnDemned View Post
Now that you have it almost finished, I'll gladly take it, you can deliver it upon completion. I'll even drive you back home if you want, for a small "taxi" fee.

Great build, I think this is the reason I found this part of the boards. Now get back to the vette truck.
The vette truck is now in line behind the Tahoe and my wife's FJ40. The Squareback would get some love too if my son ever get's motivated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76C10Stepside View Post
TRUE DAT! Check out the late-60s GM buckets in my latest acquisition (67 Corvair Monza 140/4-speed). They're totally flat and super narrow, and lean back too far (no adjustments). Have to hold the steering wheel firmly with both hands on the corners. What was GM THINKING? The low-back buckets these replaced were almost flat, but wider. I have a pair of those that will go in this car. I'll miss the Lear buckets I modified and installed in the 68 I just gave to my kid (gonna miss the car too).
Here's what's in there now. Nice originals. I don't want to deviate too far from this. Maybe even just have bolstering added to these (though those Alfa seats are tempting) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw365 View Post
Those tan seats are a little better than the corvair seats, but they're still pretty flat. I setup a momo racing bucket for my STS Civic Si. Tire swap/seat swap and she's ready for the weekend. Most people would consider the stock Si seats to have plenty of lateral support. But if you've driven in a Kirky or other race seat there's a huge difference. I just ran the stock seat belt because the car doesn't have a cage for a 5 point.
Kirky Vintage Class Buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
They sell them with headrests too, if you are worried about whiplash.
Loback only!
Quote:
I just got done with the thread. Awesome build.

One of the guys off the samba makes some racks for the type 3. The sunbeam looks a lot like a Notch. Even the color reminds me of the early VW's. Check out http://www.pedroracks.com . It should be interesting to see the build on your type 3. You going to do it on here or on the Type 3 forum over at the samba?
Thanks for chimin in. Those are some dead sexy racks! Would love to do up a notch. I'm leaning toward all metal on this one though. Something simple and clean. Maybe something that sits low like this:

Quote:
As for seats, look for something with GOOD lateral support. It's easier to drive fast if you're not trying to hold yourself in position. This is one of the first things you should do on a track/autocross car as it makes a huge difference in car control.
I feel the need already
Quote:
Welcome to the world of light high powered cars. My cousin put me onto this thread, he just got done shoving an STI motor in a 68 912R Porsche, talk about a rocket.
Mark
My first car was a 67 bug with a built 1641 ...was fast for a 15yo (rolled it before 16). My brother had a 71 914 that I think I drove more than him. Later an XR4TI.

A friend of mine has this turbo'd 912

...and this STI powered/Lotus Suspended 914. I've lent a hand on both cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonetexan View Post
well it has a k&n filter....if your asking about the intake system its a PRM intake whats cool about the design is that the filter is facing inward. i get oos and ahs at the dyno ...only thing is its not that much louder then stock...the aem cold air is ridiculously loud...which can be fun

anywho they're found here

http://www.prmracing.com/
I think I'd prefer a quieter intake. I'll check them out. Thx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalamark View Post
Well Mister Fry
I think the only way to keep you snug in the seat is a combination of 5 point
harness and a velcro suit . Looks like too much fun to me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Thought I would check in on your build and maybe razz you a little to get this thing on the road and BAM! Lookit you .... Congrats! That is an awesome little car!

I'll have to see if Gail will take another road trip down so we can check it out in person again, been quite awhile since we were down there.
Do it! For those who didn't read every single word of the thread (shame on you ) Mark delivered the D44 down to me from Olympia 4x4. It's come a long way since its days delivering mail
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote