View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #824
cal30_sniper

Re: How about some pics of 2wd Blazers, Jimmy's & Burbs?

Lots of boat towing, camping, and some road trips up into Alaska, the Yukon, and the Northwest Territories if I'm lucky, lol.

I'm slowly going through it with the intent of turning it into the ultimate road vehicle while keeping it as bulletproof and reliable as possible. It's got 80k on the clock now, so the body is tight and its a West Texas desert truck, so completely rust free. So far I've dropped in a built TH700, put in a Richmond Powetrax No-slip unit in the 14 bolt, gone through the brakes, completely upgraded the cooling system, did a serpentine belt and sanden compressor A/C conversion, and freshened up the 454 with an Edelbrock intake, Doug Thorley headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, Ram Air inlet system, and tuned the carb out/upgraded the ignition system. I put in full instrumentation (vacuum, trans temp, wide band O2, tach), a nice Cobra Nigh****ch CB/Weatherband, and swapped in a set of leather seats out of a '96 burb. I'm in the process now of replacing the carpet and sound deadening the interior, and I'm going to take care of some stuff like headliner, etc, when I get through with that. I'm trying to put together a really nice sound system for it as well.

Powertrain wise, I'm just going to run it like it is until it ever gives me trouble. When the engine goes, I'm going to put in a Vortec 454 with a mild cam underneath all the engine mods I've already done. I may consider a NV4500 swap, or a TH200 or 4L80E at that point too. Other than that, I plan on basic maintenance and a sort of continuously ongoing restoration to keep it nice while I drive the wheels of it.
01 Ram 2500 - 5.9L Magnum, daily driver
91 BMW 325i - Chumpcar series racecar
cal30_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote