View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1523
markw365

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
The vette truck is now in line behind the Tahoe and my wife's FJ40. The Squareback would get some love too if my son ever get's motivated...

Kirky Vintage Class Buckets

Loback only!

Thanks for chimin in. Those are some dead sexy racks! Would love to do up a notch. I'm leaning toward all metal on this one though. Something simple and clean. Maybe something that sits low like this:

I feel the need already

My first car was a 67 bug with a built 1641 ...was fast for a 15yo (rolled it before 16). My brother had a 71 914 that I think I drove more than him. Later an XR4TI.

A friend of mine has this turbo'd 912
1969 Porsche 912 Type-4 Turbo first drive in 8 years - YouTube

...and this STI powered/Lotus Suspended 914. I've lent a hand on both cars.
ORPCA Autocross @ Packwood - YouTube

I think I'd prefer a quieter intake. I'll check them out. Thx!

Do it! For those who didn't read every single word of the thread (shame on you ) Mark delivered the D44 down to me from Olympia 4x4. It's come a long way since its days delivering mail

Ha, looks like a small world. I thought that Yellow 914 looked familiar.

Here's my cousin's youtube feed, he mentions Britain Smith in it.

He went from stock (my civic smoked him at the track) to a type 4, to the STi.

I've had 3 Bugs 65,66, 73 super, and a couple dashers. Bought a used 90 CRX in 2000 and have had so much fun with that car until it was stolen that I replaced it with a 91 Si hatch, fully STX prepped (quaife & insane brakes).

Dad was a VW guy and was a moderator over on the Samba, I met Pedro and a few others when dad would come out and get together with the type 3 folks. Pedro built his first rack for himself, then started making them for other guys and turned it into his business.

I'm not sure what buckets Ron has in his 912R, but they're repo lowbacks that have a head rest, they hold you in place. I do like the Kirky ones but they might not have much padding for a daily driver. All the seats scat makes don't have enough lateral support. Sticky tires, and good suspension would have you in the passenger seat in no time.
markw365 is offline   Reply With Quote