View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #12
bk2life
Account Suspended

Re: Tweeters in the Dash???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
what about cutting a pice of pipe at an angle and cutting a hole in the top of the dash and welding the piece .
this would be a lot of work but pulled off would look trick. It’d be easier to mold something into the a pillar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brento72 View Post
I plan to install mine on the back of my rear view mirror and aim them without interference of each other and another pair turned up in a kick panel.
the only problem with this is the extra weight on the mirror, possibly causing it to aim everywhere but of out your back window, and if you have one tweet aiming towards your kick panel (not actually aiming) the sound waves will “attack” each other/phase cancelation for the big word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powell72 View Post
I was always told by a friend of mine who installed stereos that the tweeter should never be more than six inches away from the mid for the best sound.
your friend was right, but not always can that happen due to some interiors.

What was never talked about or asked the OP is how loud do you want it? Brento wants stage quality stuff in his, great mid/tweets and bass you can feel.
If Striker just wants some better sound, first what do you have as far as sound right now? Possibly improve/upgrade what you have and that will make a huge world of difference...?

I am no car audio aficionado, but I do have around 2300 watts, 4 6.5”mids 6 1" dome tweeters 2 8" mid bass and 2 12" woofers in my Colorado. The tweeters are about 2 feet from the mids, and well at 139.4db with all doors open you can hear it quite well and fell the bass from across a parking lot, and with the doors closed it hurts a little bit.
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote