View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
FetchMeAPepsi

Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

After that just lift off "the bottom plate" and set it aside. This completes the disassembly portion of our show!

You can now start cleaning your parts! Grab a wipe-off towel and it better be a big one because you'll have almost a full towel of funk.

I took the air horn and dipped in the dip for 20 mins. The instructions say 15-30 mins. 20 mins seemed ok. Here's a before and after. I did have to dip the main body for two 30 min rounds though (not shown).

Now it's safe to reattach the top back on the air horn. There is no replacement gasket in your bundle so treat it carefully.

Continue dipping parts, wiping them, and putting them back in their order. Set a timer so you get a reminder and keep parts moving through the dip. A simple egg timer that you steal from the kitchen is perfect. Buy her another one though because it's going to get nasty.

While that's happening we can open some plastic. Yummy fresh parts.

This is part of what all you'll replace from the first package.

You'll also replace these parts...

And here's the old ugly ones.

Next open up your new piston assembly. There's a bit of cardboard on the end of it - don't remove that until we're ready to put it back inside the carb.

The old parts...

Reassembly will commence tomorrow after the JB Weld dries
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote