Thread: Rear airbags
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
made2drag

Re: Rear airbags

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
This may be a stupid question, but I know nothing about air ride installation. I am currenty working on my 78 Blazer 2wd but have the same question on my 80 & 81 c10 2wds. Do i have to install a 3 or 4 link on the rear, or can I install brackets kind of like overload airbags and still lay down low?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone know of a complete kit at an affordable price?
Thanks
you can c notch the frame and use air over leaf. this wont even be close to laying frame or draggin bumper but you will be tucking pretty nice in the rear. to lay out you would need to do a step notch after cutting your floor and then doing a 2,3,4 or 6 link and get rid of the leafs. if you get your axle touching a c notch....it will be lower in the rear if your just laying crossmember in the front. i would say do the c notch and lay crossmember and save the floor........ and link it if you need to go lower...im assuming since the question was asked awhile ago, you already found the answer...figured i'd post just in case

it will be the same situation for your c10's also...blazer tuck alittle more in the rear with less actual drop...ive got both too
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote