View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #430
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Thanks for all the comments guys. I do consider myself fortunate having such a willing and supportive partner. It’s a nice benefit of marrying a country girl with a passion for horses. They’re never put off by hard work or getting dirty.

As for JB Weld and gas tank necks, that’s actually how I eliminated the filler neck hole in my cab. Details are shown on post #9 (starting with the 6th picture) on the first page of my build thread. It may not be very clearly spelled out, but picture #6 is the patch I made from part of an original front filter (shown inside the cab).

The patch was slathered with about ¼” of JB Weld and held in place for 24 hours with duct tape. The outside face of the hole was covered in wax paper and more duct tape. Once everything went off, the coverings were removed and a few pinholes found in the surface were also filled with JB Weld. Once that cured, a small amount of Rage body filler blended the surface for primer.

After thousands of door slammings since 1998, the fact the hole was closed with JB instead of welding cannot be detected.