View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #43
GMCJOE

Re: What's your carburetor preference for the 350?

I agree with Roller400, I been been in contact with Cliff over e-mail. Busy busy man from what I can tell. He gave me a little advice if I was to build my own, and has even built the same set-up I am running in my truck (96 LT1 corvette engine, carb'ed with Bowtie intake, LT4 hot cam swap, and HEI distributor). Told me he could provide me with a kit to the exact specification of my set-up for me to build my own.

I am still waiting to see what the price would be if he built one for me. I did a bunch of research and he has great reviews on all his work. So, waiting 9-10 months for one of Cliff's high quality Q-Jet builds would be great in my mind.

My opinion is definitely go with a Quadrajet. You will get the best of both out of them, performance and fuel economy. I spent $225 on a Thunder Series 650 four months ago to run on mine. One reason, I haven't ran that style yet and I can get my return on it when I choose to sell. But a Quadrajet is in the works, just had been searching for a reputable business or person that builds them.

Any choice will work, some work better than other. You have to learn how to choose for your application for what brand you decide to run. That's the hardest part. Running to small of a carb is not good, cause's the engine to run lean and in return runs hot and could damage pistons, rings, and such. If you choose to run Holley, use there website. There is an application on there to help choose the right one from them. Quadrajet, I suggest buying Cliff's book as I am going to. Edelbrock, I do not suggest running the 1406 600CFM, most people have issues with it to include myself. Do a google research on it and you will see what I mean. Other brands I am not familiar with, that have been mentioned but have heard good information about them. If you can't decide what size to go with after you pick a manufacture, just give them a call and they should be able to set you up with the right CFM.

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote