Thread: new toy
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Denee007

Re: new toy

Oh! gee that's a bunch of money! When opening the lid of a new can of paint, like I painted my dash with~ is sooo pretty! I use a supplied air breathing system when painting and even when mixing, but is it just me, or do paint fumes smell kind of good? I feel I got off kind of light then on what I spent at Ken Braults auto paint, 220.oo for a quart of color, a quart of clear, catalyst, reducer and cups, etc. The guys there are so helpful! I've painted a few things over the past, but seems like the first time when putting it all together again and my garage is too small! I'm tired! lol ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
Nice truck to start with. Mine was factory dark blue before the current build, yours looks a little darker and has some metallic to it. I like blue, but there are a lot of blue TF trucks around here so I'm going with Spruce Green which is more greenish blue depending on the light. Mine has the same drive train as yours on a stock TF frame.

Denee, 1100 a gallon for the metal flake red is not bad. some of the paints I have been looking at are 1500-1800 a gallon for the base.
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote