View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
sfran

Re: fuel pump only pushing 15-18 PSI???? Please help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeZ View Post
Great you found it, and once again it turns out to be something basic that how many? poeople overlooked? I know a ground never even crossed my mind, I was off on a totally different goosechase, but it's great you found it, and also on the documentation here, no telling how many peeps it will help in the future. That's something I notice, and try to pass along, is going back to the basics, and K.I.S.S., seems it's so easy to focus on that one big part you're sure it's got to be, ya change out three of them, then remember to check the fuse or find something else equally simple. I'm glad you finally got it sfran, now get out there and get busy on that CEL!
I totally agree with overlooking the basics and the K.I.S.S statement. But at least I found out from the hundred tests I performed that my frame and fuel pump ground wire are grounded together very, very well.....lol

That's usually how it is with me though. Dig in way to deep, because there's no way it could be something that easy, not with my luck. Oh well, at least I got the frame and undercarriage undercoated real good while the bed is off.

Still going to check the old pump before I put the bed back on.

And just for future reference, the bed does not have to be on the frame or the wiring plugged in for the fuel pump to work like someone had mentioned to me.

Thanks again, Steve
sfran is offline   Reply With Quote