View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #1886
LEEVON

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

Hey Bob, how's Fred? Does he know you want to sell him? Have you thought about his feelings? Nah, I understand it's just that I think you SHOULDN'T!!! lol

Back when you started this thread I was the owner of an '87 Silverado...let that one go for some reason after doing all the hard work but never got around to a 5.3L swap. Just last week I picked up another subject, a real clean '87 Sierra so I've brushed up on all the good threads, this one primarily. My immediate plans are just to take care of a couple of small things and drive 'er. The engine and trans are new and run great so there is no pressing need for the 5.3L swap (other than power and mileage) but I will begin collecting parts anyway! I gotta start looking for a lightly used crew cab rear seat, posi rear end, lowering...crap (deja vu) I already did that once and sold it!

When I get to the 5.3L I think I will use the Kwik Performance brackets after watching you do battle with the compressor, they're local here and good dudes.

Happy trucking.
Attached Images