View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
Vic1947

Re: 68 C10 SBSS build - start to finish

So, after getting the parts back from the metal blaster, first thing I worked on was getting the chassis back to a roller. I took the frame and suspension components to Jonathon Cornell at Sure Coat in Sedalia, MO and had him powdercoat everything in either anthracite w/clearcoat or semi-gloss black. Besides being a great WOW sprint car driver, Jonathon is an outstanding refinisher. Less than two weeks later, I went down and picked everything up.

Meanwhile, I had all the bearings and seals in the rear axle assembly replaced. I also cleaned off all the gunk and painted the housing flat black. Then began the task of reassembling it all. Goes a lot nicer when everything is clean. I had ordered a stainless brake and fuel line kit from Inline Tube which took some figuring out. The 12 bolt came out of a '78 truck and the front was a 5 lug disc conversion, so the lines didn't run quite where the originals had. Took some creative bending, and the connection for the flex lines on the front ended up on the back of the crossmember instead of the front, but it all worked out.

Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote