View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #187
Super73

Re: My build thread.. 63 LS powered C10

Because it will hopefully go faster?

For the valve train changes, because putting the heavier spring on the compensate for the currently heavy valve would only promote issue with push rod deflection with the current set up. It is a lot easier to control the lighter valve.

Guides because a run a stock rocker with trunion upgrade since they are lighter than any other rocker. Not going to a roller rocker due to the added weight it places over the valve. This also pretains to the above valve spring/push rod issue. Being non roller they put a side load on the valve and wear valve guides faster. The powdered metal guides are supposed to cure that premature wear issue.

Head gaskets well, because heads are off, need new gaskets (even though cometic claims they are reusable), and thinner could = more power.

Vacume pump for multiple reasons. Condensation I see in the oil due to the ethanol, better ring seal, currently have decent crank case pressure. Only good can come from this.

Converter loosened up a little as it is 1100 rpm too tight for motor. Upping it 700 rpm should still make it user friendly for the n20.

Porting intake, well, just for a little more power.

I know, I answered the question you had Marv, but I know what your real agenda was

Goal, 9.xx na pump gas hyd on a drag radial.
Posted via Mobile Device
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote