View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Thank you all for the welcome! I did see there was a homemade crossmember under there, that needs to come out as there is vibration at highway speeds and i suspect the crossmember is keeping the driveline from being at it's natural angle.

Did the out of state inspection today so i can finish titlework, and selling off the tool box and black plates. Starting to order interior stuff today. Thankfully, i'm discovering that most of the factory wiring was bypassed or spliced into, not cut off. Original radio plugs,speaker plugs, etc still there taped up. no real cutting of the dash (just some elongation of the two radio knob holes. It's time to really just gut the inside, and start on it i think. Have to find that correct color red to do the interior. (was also thinking just grey and black, not sure yet.)

Carb leaks SO BAD that the truck looses prime after idling. At idle, the pump can't keep the carb full, and it stumbles on take off and can stall, and then you have to manually fill the carb (on the side of the road. just did it :-/ ) anyway, i may do the interior and underhood stuff all at once, there's enough under there that i just want done.

Also, assuming this had an air pump, as there are crimped off tubes coming out of the manifolds that are just leaking exahust air, not crimped tight enough. Have to find some plugs for that.

Will post more pics as i go along!
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote