View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #374
Low Elco

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Wifey and I wound up with an empty nest tonight so I pulled the plug.

Is that what you call it in WA?

Question:
Do I need to get all my Butternut in one lot so I don't wind up with variations in tint each batch???? When wifey buys interior paint she does it that way.
Yep, I mixed 4 gal together in an empty when I did Yeller. Tip: They sell little clip on spout dealies for gallon cans @ HD, Lowes, Etc. Get several, they are a godsend. Hella mess without them, especially with base. Extra (too late) tip: If it ain't exterior, and the OE fiinish looks good, LEAVE IT ALONE. Degrease it and scuff it with Scotchbrite when you're ready to shoot color. Color it and drive on. Same rule if it's been stripped and it's in epoxy. On interiors and cut-ins, especially on a driver, screw it, scuff and shoot, as long as it's straight enough on it's own and it's not bare metal.

Thanks are not necessary, I just wanna see all you hard work in a pretty wrapper. I hate to see the time, money, and materials go to waste when a bit of instruction and work makes the exact same thing a whole lot nicer package. It's literally a pet peeve of mine. I think I didn't do enough on Yeller, but at some point, you ain't Charlie Hutton, and this thing's gotta get done! You're doing great, keep it up!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote