View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #209
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

today 11/11/12 It is one year to the day I started this build. I wish I could say I was closer to being done. but Thats just the way it goes . Since I last posted about the truck I was wet sanding. Guess what... Im still wet sanding. the last time it was so I could put on a final coat of clear and be done. Well I laid down the first coat. It turned out great, but on the second coat, I got in a hurry and Ran the sh!t out of it. So now here I am. Wet sanding again!

Started with Scraping all the runs off witha razor blade. than moved on to paper 1000, 1500 then finished with 2000 grit. Then buffed with a couple different pads. I used wizards buffing compound. The guy at the paint store recommended it, so i gave it a shot. It works pretty good. it works a little different than regular compound and takes a little getting use to how it cuts but for the most part, Im liking it.

Also got the hood, cowl, grill, fuel doors, tailgate and door panel inserts all painted and cleared

Since this is debs truck, and she wanted people to know that this a "chicks truck" we decided to add a little pink, breast cancer awareness pink to be exact. I think it turned out pretty cool. what do you guys think?

Well thats where were at after a years time. I think we got a lot accomplished, this past year. all the brakes, steering and suspension are done, the floor is modified for the seats, and they should just drop in. The frame was cut and welded for the short bed. Oh the Body work. 5 long months on Body work, Im so glad to be almost done with all the body work.
I cant wait to start the interior work real soon. Im putting in new carpet, a new headliner, and all of the trim, where there wasn't any. and we still have the engine to build. hopefully It will start looking like a completed truck, instead of a bunch of pieces scattered all over my house.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote