View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
dukcaln

how much cfm & edelbrock vs Holley carb

So not to get in a long debate, I just want to know what cfm carb to use on the new motor going in the truck and to either stick with a edelbrock or go Holley.

I have a 1406 edelbrock on the old motor but this newer motor has a slightly different cam and better heads, more compression... It will be a daily driver with a once in a long while 1/4 run......here are the specs.

summit racing built block 4 bolt main, 280ish duration cam, 10.5 comp. heads are 202-160 valves. torker manifold mated to a tci street fighter turbo 400 trans with a stall to match the cam

so can I run a 600cfm 1406 edelbrock I have on the broke motor or should I run a larger 750cfm carb.

Or can i change the jets in the 1406 to achieve more cfm

I have a 750 cfm edelbrock and a holley 750cfm available to me right now. Just have to decide what to do so the guy is holding them for me until tomorrow. Both are used but in great working condition and priced the same. $140. Both are polished! I was thinking the edelbrock just because all my linkage and all will line up, but not set on it.

Last edited by dukcaln; 11-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.
dukcaln is offline   Reply With Quote