View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #2987
SCOTI

Re: Finally "Silvers" build thread!! ('78 swb 2wd silverado)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills02pala View Post
SCOTI, you don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to figure this one out. Have you not been reading the whole story about what all is going on around here in Sacramento lately? Really it's the main message the family is trying to get out. Ever since DA Jan Scully in 2011 pulled all funding for police shooting investigations they have skyrocketed. I don't agree that all cops are bad, but in this case something is not right. Who is watching the watchmen, themselves! That's just plain wrong, perhaps if this were your family you might think about it a little more.

You need to re-read, listen and watch all the videos and news stories posted. The Sheriffs department is on tape admitting Dennis NEVER fired his gun, period! I also know for a fact, and the detective confirms it again on tape Dennis admitted he had a gun locked in the safe. At this point he has handcuffed in front and asked to open it, even after telling them this. This is against police procedure. Stop beating around the bush bro, and realize although what Dennis was up to was no good he should be in jail, not dead. His own father even admits that.

I have viewed the video clips & read the posted details. Not following procedure is a long way from suggesting that there were 'dirty cops' w/an agenda.

If it was my brother (or even myself), the 1st thing I would say was it was nobodys fault but his own. Dennis put himself in that situation by his choices. Dennis put the police officers on a heightened defensive by running. Those circumstances combined w/questionable prodcedural execution ultimately lead to this tragedy; regardless if it was right or wrong. Had Dennis not done the drugs or ran from the house to prevent being detained, would those same officers have shot him in his home?

I'm not saying Dennis is or was a bad guy nor am I on a soapbox preaching what's right & wrong. I have friends that were or still are involved in drugs to some degree & I like them just fine. I worry about their safety but avoid them in certain situations because of their choices. I also have friends who are police officers. I like them too but worry even more for their safety.

What about looking @ it from a law enforcement officers perspective. Perhaps if one of them were from my/your family, we might think about it differently.... Not every person who does drugs & runs from the police might be as harmless/honest as Dennis was. They see it way more than the rest of us & have to be cautious as it can mean life or death for them. If you make those poor decisions like in this situation, you put yourself into the category of being capable of anything including harming an officer of the law who is only doing his job.

Not a rocket scientist nor am I beating around any bush...

I don't feel Dennis 'deserved' anything beyond a trip to jail & then court but the choices he made put him in that situation. It wasn't something you, I, or anyone else did. My sincerest condolances are extended to his family.
The officers in this situation should be held accountable for their actions if procedures weren't followed correctly.
I believe situations like this do require an outside source for review for impartiality.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.