Thread: 1968
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #173
gdavis

Re: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
I agree... Not good to hear but has to be said. Your going at an Awesome pace, Really dig your build. In the past I've cut everything apart only to weld it back together just to cut it all apart again. School of hard knocks. Don't want you to have to go through what I did.
My build it kinda out in a different catagory (cab stretch) but I've got notes and have measured the snot out of everything, ie the straight square cart jig the cab is bolted to for a solid foundation. Believe me,,,,I could have 6 or 7 pages added to my build if I included all the pics of me measuring.
Can't wait to see all the new metal. Your doing great. Your smart and have a heart of gold. Plus you've got some great little helpers.
Yes i think I have a night mare in my hands. The inter and outer rockers were all rotted alone with the pillars. The bolts on the pillars were also rotted out completely. I measured but I think it was in vane. Do u have the measurements for the pillars A and B I ask Keen the same thing. about measurements. I thought between the two of you one might have them. Or are they all different from truck to truck. no two r alike. again thanks I need all the help I can get. And my helpers are a God sent to me.
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote