Thread: Our new Apache
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
lynx5653

Re: Our new Apache

My wife and I are both excited about our new truck,however neither of us has a clue as to where to start or what to do, no welding or cutting experience, no body work experience, nothing.
We could farm the work out but would really like to give it a try and invest in equipment and tools rather than pay someone else to build our truck. We really want to do as much work as we are able ourselves.
Any and all advice is welcome and needed.

Questions:
pros and cons of sand or media blasting the body , average cost to farm out?

how easy is it to repair dash, radio opening in particular? Po installed aftermarket radio. Or should this be farmed out to a pro?

since whole cab is welded together how easy or difficult to remove bad pieces and install new? ie floor pans,steps,fenders,etc.? bolt on parts I can handle and have done some on other vehicles,cutting and welding no clue.

Anything anyone can add or suggest will be greatly appreciated, we dont want to mess it up and then have someone else fix it.

I assume first thing we need to do is strip off paint to bare metal and see what hidden problems we may have, again media blast or buffer/sander which is best ?

Thanks in advance

David and Gail