View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #45
64C10Fleet

Re: Building My Grandfather's 64 C10

Just a quick update... I spent quite a bit of time wet sanding the core support. Sprayed one side with with some Rustoleum Satin Black to get an idea of what it would look like. Looks great, but I didn't clean some of the areas as well as I would have liked to. I'm gonna wet sand it one more time this afternoon and spray it tomorrow.

I tried to focus my attention on cleaning up my garage this week and working the driver side inner fender. The inner fender had two spots on the top side that were rusted through. The more I cut out, the more problems I found. I called it and welded in some new metal. Didn't want to spend a ton of time on it, I know the inner fenders will need to be replaced eventually so I just did something to get my by for now. I prepped the entire piece with Jasco and hit the bottom side with under coating. sprayed the top with filler primer and plan to wet sand it this evening to get ready for topcoat.

Bought new motor mounts and a couple jugs of antifreeze last night. Slow and steady.

On the side I've also been trying to locate a shop with a lift and room for 3-4 vehicles. A friend of mine was layed off almost 8 months ago and is having trouble finding work. He's been flipping cars on the side with pretty good luck, but it obviously isn't a very stable source of income. He and I have known each other for over 8 years. We deployed to Iraq in 2005 and shared a few near death experiences, lol. I found a shop on Monday, should be a good fit for us. I'll only be helping manage the business on my offtime and assisting with bills in case business is slow along the way.

Another friend of mine just got out of the USMC and moved back from California. He brought his old '68 Ford F100 out of his parents garage here and I've been trying to help him locate tools to start his project. He's had a pretty rough time since leaving Active Duty and really wants to get started on the F100 that's been on hold since he joined about 5 years ago. I had to laugh a little when he told me he had a brand new Mustang II front suspension still sitting in the box from 5 years ago. I bet all those shiny new parts sitting around have been driving him crazy.

Hope to post a few more pics by end of weekend.
64C10Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote