View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #190
blfuller123

Re: 72 Dropmember Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMAC68 View Post
Maybe I can shed some light on this issue. This is James at Mar-K. One of the things that made the bedside trims work for "Hart Rod" is that he modified the rear ends of his bedside area on his Suburban. He grafted the Fleetside bedside ends to his Suburban. The Fleetside bedside ends have a slightly different shape (less curve inward at taillight area) to them than the Suburban. It is not an up and down curve issue. What the pictures are trying to show is that the trim leaves the body surface the last 1" or so on a stock Suburban. These trims do not like to bend much without cracking the finish. This is the reason for us not selling these to fit the standard Suburbans. We will sell them as long as you understand what you are getting. Also, you will need to use all bolt in clips on the front fender upper trim. This trim is die stamped instead of roll formed. The adhesive clips will not fit this trim. The reason I'm telling you this is that the front fenders will need to come off to install the front fender upper trim. I hope I did not just rain on your parade.
Thanks James. No you didnt rain on my parade at all.

Here is a picture I just took looking down. I put a straight edge on the back where I would like the trim to go and I do see the gap and it seem very minimal in my opinion and it seems like it could be bent. It looks like difference in the curve is less than 0.25 inch over a 6 inch span. I think I am going to do what Rob suggested and find an old piece and see if I can get it to bend without damaging it.

blfuller123 is offline   Reply With Quote