View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #295
SCOTI

Re: 2 for 1, My son's first Square Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't kech me View Post
had a ton of fun at turkey drag. can't wait to show a complete truck there. got a lot of compliments and saw a ton of guys from this board! here's some pics of the progress....

Ran into a few issues along the way, we lost a nut for the driver's side lower ball joint, so we had to go get one at oreily's this morning. the coupler that connects the rack and pinion arm to the ball joint on the spindle had messed up threads, so we had to make due and c clamp it together. we didn't have a spring compressor and the a jack lifted the whole truck up before compressing the spring all the way, so we cut another coil off the spring, if you add up the 1.5" sectioned xmember, 2.5" spindle aand 4" drop spring, thats 8" of static drop in the front. my dad thinks that's how we're gonna run it on the street, but idk about that. the rear brake kit went together really easy. i think we're going to have to run like a 2" lowering block in the rear cuz if we don't we would have like a foot of travel. we are going to have to redo the engine mounts completely because they're crooked just enough so that it's a pita to get in. i've bought a few performance parts like a 3200 stall converter and new intake manifold. i'm exhausted but glad we pushed to get it done.
Well done young man. Well done....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote