View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #104
chevybuilder18

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
^_^ Im cheap with paint....Im doing The "Blitz Black" from John Deere but you can also paint cheap with a roller and rust-oleum like many members on here. They call it the $50 paint job and will probably cost you $100 but takes time and patience and a lot of sanding...Which scares me because i suck at the sanding part and think i would screw it up especially in the wet sanding and buffing phase
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
I'm not bad at sanding I do a pretty good job with the help of an electric sander of course lol I had a friends dad tell me that I could do that I'm confident I can do it but I'm like you I rather not screw it up, I'd feel more comfortable paying someone to do it might cost a lot more but at least I know it'll be done right.
all you need is the finest grit then buffing wheels and a small thing of turtle wax and some brake fluid mix. clear coating would be the last step, so you would have to hose off every piece of dust, wax+brake fluid, and sand to get that nice last finish try the brake fluid on a bicycle, and a good disposable nitted rag
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote