View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #492
67stepsideC10

Re: Post Your Straight Six Pics!

I love this thread.

I have a 64 I bought a while back that I think I will keep the rest of my life. We've been through a whole lot together, and nobody's gonna want to pay what that's worth to me anyway. If you want the whole story read the thread in my sig.

I did my first engine swap in this truck. Went from the 230 (plum full of stop leak) to a later model 250 with only 40k miles. Sold the power steering off it for more than I paid for the engine. The fancy little chrome air cleaner bit the dust after an engine backfire early on so I'm running the stock air cleaner now.

Old:

None:

New:

Having some intermittent issue with it over the past couple of days. I've daily driven it the past couple weeks while a friend borrows my car. It has been cutting off on me at stoplights occasionally and is really difficult to get restarted. Backfired on me twice just humming down the interstate at 60mph, constant rpm, which it's never done. I think it's timing. I noticed last night I could see the exhaust glowing red under the floor through one of my rust holes. (One clear pro to having holes in the floorboard). Gotta be running too lean. I know I have (at least one) vacuum leak, too, but that can't be it, can it?

I will always keep the inline 6, would love to do an Offy 4bbl intake or even a 3x1bbl some day. Need a choke BADLY in the wintertime.