View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #116
boucher racing

Re: Inline 250 - T3 Turbo - w/ Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
By get hot, I meant have time for the intake metal to get hot not the coolant temp... As far as choke horns go, I havent seen a blow through set up have one yet on any engine.

I am not using an intercooler and wont unless I turn the boost up over 10lbs. I am using meth injection. I have it setup with a MAP sensor so that when I hit ~4lbs of boost it kicks in. As far as an intercooler goes, I have discussed this topic for the 250 motor in depth with the guys over on the turbo forum they felt I was going overkill with the meth injection, and that an intercooler was completely unnecessary for under 10lbs of boost. I am capping my boost off at 8-10 lbs. The meth injection for daily driving use is a 50/50 mix of methanol and H20. When I go to the track, I will run a 47/47/6 mix of methanol/H20/ nitrometh I am also running a BOV in addition to the wastegate. My build has been at a stand still since the father in law was killed on Oct. 24 in a motorcycle accident. This friday and sat my buddy trummjo on the forum is coming over to finish up the wiring that we started so long ago. Even though we got snow the past two days, they didnt put any salt down, so if all goes well I might see some road time yet this year!

What size downpipe are you running as well?

Adam
Sorry for your loss.

I am running a 2.5" d.p.

It sounds like you have it set up really nice. I am not running a B.O.V. but have thought about it. The only reason I have debated a intercooler is because of heat soak. My truck runs like a scalded DOG! when it gets to running temp, but after running it for awhile and everything in the engine bay gets "heat soaked" the power goes way down. I figured a intercooler would keep the intake charge cool...much cooler. I have put probably close to 1500 miles on it, so I have the kinks worked out.

Good luck on keeping the boost down, LOL. Its hard to bury the temptation because it is so easy to turn it up!

Boucher'
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587639
boucher racing is offline   Reply With Quote