View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

I trimmed ~1/2" off either end of the CPP cross member & got it to fit well enough to hang the transmission on. I still need to finalize the angle & firm it all up later on, but for now, it keeps me from having to keep a support leg under the truck.
[IMG][/IMG]
Then I got the coil packs re installed, along with fresh plugs & wires. Put in the engine coolant temp sender, too.
[IMG][/IMG]

Not pictured, I also got the driveshaft support bracket re-installed with 3/8"-16 hardware and got the original parking brake hooked up again. I'm super glad to be able to retain the stock hand brake, I think it's a really cool bit of retro (is it still retro when it's actually old?) and pretty darn practical. I'd removed it when I wasn't sure how it would fit with the motor.

I was about to tear into the front axle when I discovered that the lift the truck is on is malfunctioning - the suspension lifts don't work, only the drive-on section. So when the time comes to install steering & brakes, I'll be getting creative with all of that.
Or just roll it onto another lift, I guess...

Blew through everything I'd hoped to get done, so now I have to make up a new to-do list. No shortage of work, just need a plan...
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote