View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #152
argonaut

Re: 66 4x4 my sons new project

Hey! Thanks for all the support, guys!

I haven't done much on the pickup over the last month because I was saving to maybe buy a house. Anyway, I didn't end up buying it so now I've got to make up for lost time! My goal was to have this thing all put together by the first of the year. Woops!

I did manage the regasket and seal the transmission and transfer case. And refilled them, and my axles with synthetic gear oil. Everything looked really clean when I opened them up. I tell you what, I can't believe how easy the np205 is to disassemble and reassemble compared to the old t221. I'm glad I made the swap. Now I just need to replace the rear main seal and install the new one piece oil pan gasket on the 402 and I should be ready to drop the whole powertrain back in, once and for all.

Then I need to get the steering box hooked up; since I changed my mounting method and cut the mounting blocks off of the frame in lieu of a couple plates to sandwich the frame and spread the load from the gearbox bolts.
Then I can get all of the custom stainless brake hard lines bent and installed and start getting the body back on.

Whew! Lots to do and not much time to do it in!
Posted via Mobile Device

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote