Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #280
RatRod68

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
from 89-93 the 12v had the VE pump. its a rotary pump, so when you look at it the injection lines leave the pump in the rear and form a circle.

94-98.5 12v has the P7100 or p-pump. it has all 6 injection lines leaving the top of the pump in a line front to back.

the 98.5-2002 are 24v ISB. they came with the VP44 computer controlled IP. it also has 6 lines coming out of the back in a circle.

beyond 2002 they are common rail systems, meaning all the injectors are fed from on common pressurized fuel rail. the pumps are CP3s and have no means to fire the injectors as that is done by the computer.

im sure there are some variations in the industrial engines i know certain CPL #s have pumps that are not made for accelerator pedal situations. all of the above info is what i know of the dodge truck engines.

ok, so the VP44 is not the lift pump, its the computer itself, got it. I'm going to search on cumminsforum to see if I can find some pictures of where the pumps are located on the engines.

Thank you both so much and sorry for thread jacking

Edit:

I did some more research... I have figured it out now. hahaha. Takes a minute to get the lights on.
D-Ranged Ford Ranger on steroids

Semper Fi

Last edited by RatRod68; 12-12-2012 at 06:57 PM.
RatRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote