View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #79
NEWFISHER

Re: My 1950 dog hauling, trailer towing, daily driver Suburban

I drove it today and worked out the little bugs. Hooked the heated intake back up and I think it must have been the one loose head bolt. I only have light bluish white smoke on start up like an umbrella seal is leaking oil through a valve guide or the oil rings aren't seated yet? Goes away in 5 seconds and doesn't smoke between shifts. Power has to be double what I had. Torque is awsome off the bottom through mid range. I run out of gears really fast which is ok with drum brakes and skinny bias plys . Entering the freeway is like driving a new car, left lane all the way. The out of the box Holley needs some fine tuning, but nothing to worry about. I ran a tank through it driving around all day. Some freeway, mostly town driving to break it in and vary the rpm. I'm going to try to get a spot to convert over to the 700r4 next weekend. Should be sweet with the 3:73's and the torque this motor makes! Ill try to get some finished pics of the motor tomorrow, I was too busy stomping the gas pedal today.
Posted via Mobile Device
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote