View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #139
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Well I sure hate to here the problems with the seats. You may want to check the mechanical seats out of an S-10 pickup or the electric ones out of a Blazer or third generation Camaro. All are substantially lower than the TB seats. I purchased a 2003 Trailblazer EXT that was a rollover. Got the complete frame and the cab body like you did (windshield posts and right behind the back seat). I had hoped to incorporate the bulk of the firewall and the floor pan into my truck to use as many of the Trailblazer parts as possible, so it is good to see the column and brake systems may work. The seats looked like the ones you have, and the carpet was in great shape, so I thought I was all set (uggh). I will be bringing the cab of the 55 and the TB frame home after the holidays. I plan to start a slow build thread then (the 58 vette will be the primary focus until finished). Have a great Christmas, and I look forward to seeing your progress in the new year.

Ricky
Not saying it is impossible. If I get a chance, I will take a picture of me sitting on the seat in the cab so you can have a feel for it. You will have to at least lower the floor and/or seats somehow. I have plenty of room to lower the floor before it hits the frame but felt like it was getting a bit out of hand. I sat in a friends '54 the other day that had the exact TB seats. I will revisit him to take a closer look. They did not seem to high to me in that vehicle at the time. His truck is so perfect that I may have be awe struck and distracted. I will shoot some photos of his as well. Merry Christmas...off to Colorado tomorrow to visit 2/3's of my kids.... Dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote