View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #47
64C10Fleet

Re: Building My Grandfather's 64 C10

Been busy here the last few days. My torque converter, Boss Hog 2200-2800 stall, and transmission seals all came in on Wednesday. I finished everything up on the trans Thursday night and started prepping to bolt the engine and trans together. By yesterday at noon I had the engine in...

Name:  102_0374.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  53.0 KB

I had an issue with my lower pulley, it is much thicker than stock and the stock bolt wasn't long enough. I made several late night runs to the parts store the last few nights to get all the little pieces I was missing, including a new flywheel. Best thing about Charleston is the parts store stays open til midnight, saved me on more than one occasion.

I installed the new bolt this morning and finished shimming the torque converter. Took a while to get the new alternator bracket to fit with the ram horn manifolds, had to burr out the holes to adjust the alternator pulley to align correctly with the other pulleys. Installed the manifolds today along with the plug wires, new dipstick tube, flex fan, and plumbing for the mechanical gauges.

I also flushed the radiator and cleaned, painted, and installed. My daughter came out this afternoon and cleaned up the garage and organized all my tools. Hope she doesn't ever get tired of doing that, haha!

Taking a few days off from the truck to do some family stuff and study for a big test coming up on Thursday. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

Oh, and I'm missing part of the kickdown linkage for my Powerglide. So if any of you have one or know someone that does, please let me know.
64C10Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote