View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #239
Fleet '66

Re: Project '64 Cheapskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
I finally got a few days off of work, so I decided to do a few things on the '64.

I put the Vortec heads on the motor and did a few other things to it. I decided to do a nut and bolt inventory to make sure that I had all the hardware I needed, and discovered that I was short a few oil pan bolts. So this morning, I got up early and went to Pick-A-Part to get what I needed.

After I grabbed a bunch of miscellaneous bolts, I decided to do a "recon" of the rest of the yard and see what was there. The last time I was there, it was a bust. There was nothing cool in the yard. Today, I went down a row, and saw a white 60-66 fender poking out, so naturally, I was like a hound dog tracking a scent. I couldn't believe it. It was a stripped '66 C-20, but it was an original A/C truck, and all of the components under the dash were still there, along with the ducting. It was missing all of the desirable pieces, like the bezel and the ashtray, but I already have those. It also had the A/C-specific heater box, and all of the cables were in excellent condition. The core support, lines, dryer, and condenser were still there. So, I broke out the tools and 3 hours later, I was done. I got everything, including the A/C wire harness and all of the firewall grommets. It was 40 degrees outside and raining, so I have to say that I earned those parts. I was freezing the entire time, but I knew that if I didn't grab them today, they would be gone tomorrow.

All in all, a good day.
Congats....Excellent Score!!
What are the odds of that happnin' ????
Probably got them for a reasonable price as well ?
'66 C-10 SWB 350 w/3 spd OD 4:11's - driver/project...future T-5 trans upgrade
'64 C-10 LWB BBW near future project - "The Wife's Ride"
'58 "Apache"Stepside BBW w/'75 K-10 4x4 conversion 331 w/350TH and NP 205 transfer 3:73's - occasional driver/ show
Fleet '66 is offline   Reply With Quote