View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #23
johnnyclack

Location: On the banks of the Clackamas River, Eagle CreeK Oregon
Re: garage concrete ???

Sorry it's Friday and things are slow so here goes:

Ok, I was thinking while I was out in the shop breathing more welding smoke combined with grinding particles; that there may be some folks on here( Forum) who actually have the resources (spelled $) to put down the type of floor covering some of us are talking (spelled dreaming) about. So I’ll outline what I did to have 15,000 2Xft of floor covered in a hydraulics rebuild area (because it involves braking systems on public transit system vehicles, has to be as clean as a surgical operating room)

1. Searched out a vendor for industrial floor finishes (phonebook/on-line listings)
2. Then I located a local Rep for the type of product I needed (sorry it’s be about 10<>12 yrs back, I don’t recall the brand name, with MSDS regulations constant changing, it’s probably changed names by now)
3. I requested product information including directions for application, after reviewing them
4. I asked the Rep for contractor names as to who applied his product.
5. I called a couple and requested a site visit if they were interested in bidding on the job
6. Compared bids and went with the contractor I felt best about

Now before you start thinking this is way the-he__ out-there these guys are all over the place. And they are hungry and looking for work in the following areas:

• Every butcher shop, large or small is required to cover & keep their floors pristine
• Every fast food joint that processes food is required to cover & keep their floors pristine
• Every food manufacturer/ processor is required to cover & keep their floors pristine

You get the idea ? Who requires these poor working stiffs to meet & maintain these standards? Yep’ you guess it the “US Food and Drug Administration Inspectors” and let me tell you these are some tuff dudes. They can shut down a production line costing $1,000.00 an hour if their having a bad day. Sorry I am getting off on a tangent…

• I won’t bother listing all of the Hospital & High-Tech companies who install the same type of floor coverings needing to maintain a sterile environment.

• Oh Yea’ (Brings us Full Circle) Let’s not forget the Truck & Car fanatic who wants to be able to mop up the beer he/she (need to be PC) spills on his garage floor, rather than leave it for the Hound dog as a bonus for having to put with all the cussing that’s been coming down on his~her poor asss for peeing on the corner of the Snap-On roll-around .
johnnyclack is offline   Reply With Quote